New England Model Horse Collectors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New England Model Horse Collectors

An online forum for New England model horse collectors.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Region X Basket

Go down 
+3
shastaharley
EirePony
Stacy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Stacy

Stacy

Region X Basket Empty
PostSubject: Region X Basket   Region X Basket EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 7:16 pm

Lets get these ideas organized! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
EirePony

Region X Basket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Region X Basket   Region X Basket EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 7:33 pm

Nancy Timm: Harvey Ball Smiley Face Button; DunkinDonuts Coffee; Green Mountain Coffee (either Vermont Blend or Nantucket Blend)
Back to top Go down
Stacy

Stacy

Region X Basket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Region X Basket   Region X Basket EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 7:36 pm

An idea I had for the MA people and for other too, is what if we took stablemates and painted them with either something in our town, or the entering/exiting signs. For those without artistic talent, they can easily be decoupaged with photos.

That's my lone idea at the moment, but I'm super excited about this!!!
Back to top Go down
shastaharley

shastaharley

Region X Basket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Region X Basket   Region X Basket EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 7:47 pm

I'm in for the stablemates idea, I think that would be awesome!! I will also get postcard and other memorabilia from the Berkshires. I think we should do something with a morgan, as it is our regions famous breed. I could also pick up some Yankee candle stuff as we have one nearby. Maybe we should choose specific people for tasks such as keeping a list, arranging to get everything to the person bringing it to Rx, and the person to bring it. Any volunteers?
Back to top Go down
intothesunstudio

intothesunstudio

Region X Basket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Region X Basket   Region X Basket EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 8:12 pm

I will get a basket (we do sell big ones at work, we can discuss size!)
Newport and Westport postcards, Coffee Syrup. Postcard book (if we still have them at work) A small bag of Cape Cod chips.

I think we should include a printed paper with what all of these items are and where they come from. And stick it in an envelope with a Region X logo on it. We could also put our logo on the basket.
Back to top Go down
http://www.intothesunstudio.com
Beth R

Beth R

Region X Basket Empty
PostSubject: basket   Region X Basket EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 4:20 am

Put me down for the Apple chutney. I'm going to NYC next weekend--should I get some Empire State building keychain or something?
Beth R
Back to top Go down
jjbreyer

jjbreyer

Region X Basket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Region X Basket   Region X Basket EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 10:00 am

I like the idea of the key chain from NYC. We also need to keep some of this stuff pretty small, otherwise nobody will want to take the basket home (who will have room with all the new horses?!?).

I'll do a small thing of Maple Syrup, postcards of Randolph Center, VT, Justin Morgan's the mans grave and hopefully the horse as well. Oh, the historical sign in town, that's kinda neat. I can also get stuff from UVM Morgan Horse farm (think I have some older postcards still at home). And maybe one of the coloring books from the Association.
Back to top Go down
jjbreyer

jjbreyer

Region X Basket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Region X Basket   Region X Basket EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 10:07 am

One other thought I just had (and will post this on the RX yahoo group too), what about doing an over all theame basket? Lauren keeps pointing us to include model related stuff (and I guess we really should), so if we got smaller goodies to include, and then focused on something model realated?

Stacy's SM idea kinda hit me between the eyeballs, what about a performance package representing the states? We could either do SM, with one of the SM Morgans, some tack, jumps, trail diorama, etc in it. Or we could do the "Flash" mold with the same types of ideas (jumper jumps representing ME, NYC, etc), trail set up, etc. Not sure if it would be do-able or not, but might be kinda' a neat idea. We'd just need to cover something from each State and the horse history in it. So VT - the Morgan breed, NY - jumper jump with Apple theame, NH, trail wall with graniet in it, MA - racing tack set for the tracks there, etc.

I think Trad would be better since more people show in that size personally. I love SM's but have given up on the tack and untacking them. =) And honestly, I can't STAND the CL Morgans, both are butt ugly IMO. Flash isn't the best Morgan, but he is a good performance horse.
Back to top Go down
Stacy

Stacy

Region X Basket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Region X Basket   Region X Basket EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 10:29 am

Thats an awesome idea Jill! I love the Flash mold and think he would translate well!

I've been rolling around ideas about the actual "Basket" and I was thinking that thinking outside of it might be a good idea. What about a treasure chest type toy box and have it painted up in region X colors with the theme being "X Marks the Spot". I think we're quickly going to outgrow any size basket. The issues I see with it is that its large and expensive, but perhaps we have a woodworking husband in the region? If Andrew and I make it down, which I think our chances are at least 75% at this point (Haven't booked things fully yet so I don't want to say 100%) I'd be more than happy to drive it down if no one else has room Smile
Back to top Go down
Stacy

Stacy

Region X Basket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Region X Basket   Region X Basket EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 10:45 am

Another quick idea, not sure if its a terrible idea or a great one. What about a scrap book of all of the shows in Region X?
Back to top Go down
Stacy

Stacy

Region X Basket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Region X Basket   Region X Basket EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 11:33 am

I'm going to copy and paste the messages from the Region X group over here too to make it a bit easier to read.

I'll be happy to donate coffee syrup (RI/ Southern, MA) food and postcards of Newport, RI and possibly Cape Cod if anyone else wants to join in. I can also pick up a nice basket from AC Moore and already have some green and white ribbon for tying the basket off.

This sounds like such a neat idea!

Corrie~

Worcester, MA, is the "home" of the smiley face. I think I might have a button left over from the anniversary party! I also may have an extra button of Cigar's running at the Mass Cap.

We should also include a Region 10 shirt and RXR chocolate!!!

I'm sure we can add as we go on...

Why don't we start at Marci's show and it can be brought to all the local shows for donations?????

Nancy

I'll donate some VT maple syrup and maybe I can get some stuff from the UVM Morgan farm to toss in there, or at least the coloring book from the Morgan Association.

Is someone willing to bring this along w/ them to NAN? Guess that would be the first question huh?? =)

Jill O

If Jen and I are driving down again this year, we can take it. All will depend on whether or not she will be around for NAN this year. I am definitely going, so if I can not go with her, I will be looking to hitch a ride down and back with someone.

Nancy

We should definitely have some maple syrup and salt water taffy. Mmmm.

As a way to have truly everybody contribute, I think it would be a fun idea
for everybody in the region who is interested to submit a postcard from
their hometown! Maybe write a little note on the back to the future winner.
What a cool collection that would be.

I can't think of much that defines my area... I could probably get some
investment bank swag, haha. I could get my hands on some NYC souveniers too.

Sara

Anyway we can get a Maine lobstah and Bahston Cream Pie????

Nancy

Maybe we could put the postcards, if we could put them in a Region 10 keepsake box.. Just a thought,

- Kayla

We definitely have to send something from Dunkin Donuts! That is a New England tradition...

Corrie~

A bag of Dunkin Donuts coffee - and even Green Mountain coffee would be neat! Toll House cookies are also a New England tradition...The Christmas Tree Shoppes usually have a lot of Care Cod stuff we could use...

Nancy

How about some good ole New England Clam Chowder?
Lynn

Oh you mean some chowda? Very Happy

Corrie~

Loving all your ideas guys!! I just KNEW you'd all have fun with this! And remember, Region 10 has a huge rep for performance... maybe some region 10 themed props would be fun, like green and white ground poles, or light house jump standards. I love the idea of a postcard from each region 10 person's home town, and fabulous thought to bring it around to the spring shows for people to see and add to. I think something from the cracker barrel would be in order too.. it's a Region X tradition!
Lauren

we need to find one of the old "you can't get there from heya"
advertisements LOL
Lynn

Hey,
how 'bout a 6 pack of Poland Spring or Saratoga Spring Water? Know how much those little blue bottles go for down south?!!
I could put in a post card from Albany. Maybe some stuff from the Saratoga, Aquaduct & Belmont tracks. We would need some cards of Niagara Falls as well. Something from the Adirondacks & Catskills, Green & Berkshires as well (maybe cards with a view). Can or crock of Boston Baked Beans. Saratoga is the home of the potato chip.
Great ideas.
Cheryl S.

We need some things from Plymouth as well! Maybe something from the Plimoth Plantation gift shop!

And don't forget Yankee Candles in Deerfield, MA!

Corrie~

Marshmallow fluff is made in Lynn, MA.

Anyone have any dried or pressed leaves they can make something out of?

I would also be willing to coordinate a collection and purchase a gift certificate for someone to be able to order fresh lobster; from Legal Seafoods, a New England Feast can be ordered for $106.00, lobsters and chowder for $96.00, or just two lobster for $75.00. If there's interest, let me know.

Marci

Is anyone making a list? This sounds like it will be a big basket Smile
Now to go on a hunt for a Ludlow postcard, lol.
-Anne F.

I was thinking the same thing. Perhaps we should make one at the region 10 forum that Stacy created so we can keep track and add more ideas.

I will see if we have any of these nice little brag books we had at work. They are great for holding post cards.

Corrie~

We need someone to write these things down - and who will get what. Any volunteers?

I found the Harvey Ball Smiley Face button, but alas - no Cigar button.

Put me down for the button and I can volunteer to pick up both Green Mountain Coffee (Vermont Blend? or Nantucket Blend?) and Dunkin Donuts coffee.

Nancy

look what I found Smile http://www.epodunk.com/cgi-bin/allImgSt.php?locId=22&imgType=postCard postcards! I think that was a really great idea.
-Anne

I'm in the Berkshires so I can handle that part.
Lynn

I think that's a great idea Corrie, it might be easier if we have it in a list type format.

https://nemodelhorse.rpg-board.net/general-discussion-f16/region-x-basket-t36.htm

Everyone is more than welcome to join if you aren't a member already!

Smile

Stacy

This basket is going to be a hoot!! I like the post-card idea from the home towns and "horse related" places. I'll try and scan and print a photo of Justin Morgan's grave (I have a good one with a Morgan eating in front of it). Come to think of it, I think I have one of the horses stone as well. Will have to double check on that one.

I like the idea of D&D coffee, but let me know if we need Green Mountian instead. I can try and get to the factory and get something if needed. Same w/ Ben & Jerry's.

Jill O

Cool site!! Thanks for the link, neat ones I've never seen from Randolph (my home town in VT). Dad will be happy too.

Jill O

I might either run to Partner's Village store and see what they have for Westport postcards or I may make my own with a beautiful sunset photo i took at Gooseberry island.

this is alot of fun!

Corrie~

Forget Plymouth, we need something from Spencer, model horse capital of New England!! ha ha ha!

Jill O

Don't forget Upstate NY is second to ONLY California in wine production with the Fingerlakes Wine Region! And Syracuse, NY is the home of salt potatoes.

I will gladly provide a bottle of Fingerlakes wine and a bag of salt potatoes.

GREAT IDEA Lauren!!!!

Danielle

Hey guys. You simply can not forget were regionals was held I think we should send a picture of the beautiful place regionals was held.-Katelyn Jaqueway

I can get some Boston & Plymouth stuff since I'm there daily. Also
count me in for a rxr themed pole set!
Lauren U.

We should also get some Red Sox, Bruins, and Celtics stuff. I've given up on the Patriots after Sunday's game!!!

Nancy

How 'bout some Morgan horse poop?

(not signing my name on this one...)
Robin (In the shadows)

I can start looking for a Townsend, MA postcard but I don't know if I'll find one. I don't think our town has a gift shop...lol,

- Kayla

I think starting a thread in Stacy's forum is a great idea for keeping
track of things! We are going to need something much bigger than a basket!! How
about a tack trunk LOL
Lynn

I'm thinking more like a semi!

Nancy

Straight from Randolph home of the Morgan?? Not a problem!! =)

Jill O

J E T S jets jets JETS!!! Very Happy
Sara R.

How about some Giants, Jets, Bills, Islanders, Sabers, Yankees.......etc....
Larry

If anyone has a breyer buffalo body I've always rather wanted to do a
Sabres/Bills themed CM Smile
~Katie

I live right by Patriot place and the stadium... can I get something from
there for the basket? Sorry if I missed it but is someone going to organize
this? thanks

Erin

Hmm what to do for CT? How about something from Mystic Aquarium/Seaport or Dinosaur State Park?. I know there are lots of thing but right now my brain is not co-operating. LOL! It's terrible I've lived here all my life and ya think I could come up with more idea's.
Linda M

Hah! You stole my idea! Fluff is a MUST.

And my favorite - Wachusette potato chips. (Wonder when I'll learn the right spelling of Wachusette??? That doesn't look right...)

Melissa Lee

New England is also known for it's fall foliage - more spectacular than any other in the world... maybe someone would like to do a small fall diorama/display base, maybe in SM scale??? Wink
Laruen W.

New York State is BIG apple country too remember-I still have a jar of Apple
Chutney I made from the local apple orchard this year.

Any more apple ideas?

Beth R

Linda M,

For Connecticut-how about the Carousel in Hartford, or the Carousel Museum?

Isn't Hartford home to the Mark Twain house too?

Beth R

For all Hoops fans, CT is the home to the Basketball Hall of Fame!

Go Syracuse Orange!! Smile

And I STILL have a few thousand R10 bumper stickers that could be put in there
too.........

Danielle

...errr...it's actually in Springfield, MA.

Nancy Timm

Holden doesn't have any postcards either - except ones that are made for our
annual sidewalk sale/celebration ("Holden Days") in August, so I just plan to
buy a postcard of Worcester...

Nancy Timm

Couple thoughts on this basket. First, should we put in a small sheet or
"dictionary" of the correct ways to say things? Like Chowda' (chowder),
Woooster (Worchester), "Paak ya' caa" for Park your car? "Can't get dar from
heya". Funny things like that? (yeah, I'm probably NOT the one to spell this
stuff out).

Also, as Lauren keeps subtly hinting, should we get more horse stuff in this
basket? I like the ideas of the postcards from the different areas or little
trinkets, but we still have to remember that someone has to take this home along
with a ton of new horses. =) So maybe limit the size of things (i.e. one of
those little "holiday" stocking suffer size bags of D&D coffee, I'll get a small
"nip" of maple syrup, etc.). Maybe even provide a GOOD shipping type box &
packing material if they need to mail it home.

But my other thought is why not pull together a theme performance package?
After all RX is known for performance. We could try and base it around things
in our region w/ a model. So example:
VT � Morgan horse model (maybe Flash because he's pretty performance friendly
vs. the others)
NY � race tack set
ME � Jumper jump w/ lobsta' wings
NH � trail wall made with granite
MA � hunter jump with fall foliage
CT & RI - ??? can anyone think of something with western stuff or driving in it?

Heck, with the way this package sounds *I* want it! =) hummm� That gives me
another idea. Would people find something like this fun to do for the Regional
show? Each State could be represented with goodies from their area? Wait, off
track, need to focus on the current project. =)

We really need to focus this package so people will want to buy it and NOT just
go "yikes, they really are crazy in that region" ha ha ha!

Jill O

Reg X bummba' sticka' is a MUST! =)

Jill O

I have seen a book out there on Bahston speak. I need to run out to Barnes &
Noble this weekend anyway, so I can look and pick it up if I see it.

BTW, it's "Wustah".

Nancy Timm
Back to top Go down
shastaharley

shastaharley

Region X Basket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Region X Basket   Region X Basket EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 1:07 pm

Stacy, my husband can build anything. Just give me measurements and a pic of what you want and he can take care of it. When do we need this done by?
Back to top Go down
Northern Lone Ranger

Northern Lone Ranger

Region X Basket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Region X Basket   Region X Basket EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 11:37 am

Stacy wrote:
Thats an awesome idea Jill! I love the Flash mold and think he would translate well!

I've been rolling around ideas about the actual "Basket" and I was thinking that thinking outside of it might be a good idea. What about a treasure chest type toy box and have it painted up in region X colors with the theme being "X Marks the Spot". I think we're quickly going to outgrow any size basket. The issues I see with it is that its large and expensive, but perhaps we have a woodworking husband in the region? If Andrew and I make it down, which I think our chances are at least 75% at this point (Haven't booked things fully yet so I don't want to say 100%) I'd be more than happy to drive it down if no one else has room Smile

All fantastic ideas but we really need someone to orgnize, make a list, sign up sheet, etc.

I would love to add a postcard of Camden, key chain and some blueberry jam or a can of lobster bisque, etc. But I really don't want to comit myself to much more as I am already doing a parade set for the NAN auction.
Back to top Go down
jjbreyer

jjbreyer

Region X Basket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Region X Basket   Region X Basket EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 4:21 pm

Nancy Timm posted that she will be the keeper of the list of who's bringing what. It's still a random pile of stuff though at the moment. I would love to see it get a bit more focused and include some hopefully useful model horse stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Region X Basket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Region X Basket   Region X Basket Empty

Back to top Go down

Region X Basket
Page 1 of 1