New England Model Horse Collectors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New England Model Horse Collectors

An online forum for New England model horse collectors.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What do you want to see happen in Region X?

Go down 
+4
horsienut
Stacy
annescraft
intothesunstudio
8 posters
AuthorMessage
intothesunstudio

intothesunstudio

What do you want to see happen in Region X? Empty
PostSubject: What do you want to see happen in Region X?   What do you want to see happen in Region X? EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 6:07 pm

it's a new year and a new decade. Anyone have ideas they would like to see in our Region?

I'd very much like to see the continuation of clinics and fun get togethers. I am thinking of hosting a get together and not a show at our house. Get pizza delivered or have a pot luck sort of thing.

I really like the clinics where you learn different projects or about real horses and how they can relate to the hobby.
Back to top Go down
http://www.intothesunstudio.com
annescraft

annescraft

PostSubject: Re: What do you want to see happen in Region X?   What do you want to see happen in Region X? EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 6:16 pm

How funny that you mention the clinics Corrie, I was just thinking about that today. It even inpired me to pick up a horse and prep again Smile
I don't have the space for a get-together or clinic but if I can find one for cheap (free) I wouldn't mind putting something together. I think the how-to days or judges clinics are great.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fieldofdolls.com
intothesunstudio

intothesunstudio

PostSubject: Re: What do you want to see happen in Region X?   What do you want to see happen in Region X? EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 6:29 pm

I'd definitely like to have the one at my house in March. Unfortunately due to space and all I could only have 12 people in total and no messy projects unless they are contained to the kitchen where I can put a cloth over the table and the tile floor is easy to clean up!
Back to top Go down
Stacy

Stacy

PostSubject: Re: What do you want to see happen in Region X?   What do you want to see happen in Region X? EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 6:49 pm

I've love to have things like this, my issue is that the months seem to be filling up quickly, early March would be great, but All Equines is the 20th and I'm holding a novice show the 27th. I wish there was a possibility to hold a clinic in conjunction with these events, but I know with money being tight (I'm going into about my 9th month of being out of a full time job) the possibility of staying over is out of the question.

I'm going to be hosting a workshop day in August that went over well last year with around 20 entrants. We'll again need instructors, but the issue is that it is all the way up in NH and there just aren't as many hobbiests up there.

I don't want to let too much out yet, but for our workshop day we do have a museum diorama maker that has offered to partner with us and Badger Airbrushes to come and teach how to airbrush model horses as well as diorama work. But again, its getting people up there.

Other than that I'd really love to get a novice program together for regionals that the novices in the region could have stakes classes at. I do mock up "NAN" cards for the novices so that they get into the habit of bringing up horses for callbacks but also so that they are aware that 1st and 2nd place horses are awarded differently than the rest of the field.

I haven't contacted anyone about even the possibility, honestly I'm really spread thin with everything I have going on model horse wise right now and once show season starts I highly doubt I'll have time to even contemplate it, but its an idea I've had for awhile which I think would be nice.

Great topic!
Back to top Go down
intothesunstudio

intothesunstudio

PostSubject: Re: What do you want to see happen in Region X?   What do you want to see happen in Region X? EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 7:06 pm

My date I am looking at is March 6th, a Saturday. I'm waiting to find out when my parents flight will be (they are leaving for the Caribbean that day.) I'm hoping they have an early flight so I can drop them off in Providence and be home nice and early to set up.

I think your novice program with stakes classes for them is a great idea. Maybe we can get donations of older but still nice tack so novice's can win something nice instead of just ribbons?

Stacy you should make up a bunch of pony pouches and sell those. I know I'd love to buy some and I'm sure others would as well. Would be a nice way to make extra money for yourself for hobby related activities.
Back to top Go down
horsienut

horsienut

PostSubject: Re: What do you want to see happen in Region X?   What do you want to see happen in Region X? EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 7:26 pm

I would also love to see more clinics or just get-together/"project" time.

Stacy, I really wish I was closer to NH - I would love to see the diorama maker (I just started two myself) and one of my airbrushes is a Badger, I could help with that demo. If August is a slow show month I *might* be up to the drive, it just depends on what else is going on.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/horsienut
Stacy

Stacy

PostSubject: Re: What do you want to see happen in Region X?   What do you want to see happen in Region X? EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 7:44 pm

I too wish it were a more central location, I know its hard for southern MA to get to Sad Its about an hour and a half for me, so I understand.

I wonder if the vet hospital is still an option like we had last year with our get together, I'd be up for helping out with whatever possible!

Corrie: Pony Pouches are on my to do list, part of the reason I'm doing the give away is so that I motivate me to sew some more! I'm really hoping to get my butt motivated to have them for sale at the shows in the area.

I have been trying to give away "prizes" for champs and reserves at my shows but it would be awesome if we could get it together for other shows too. The novices really seemed to love getting something tangible, especially since we run on a small budget and do paper ribbons and certificates for champ/reserve.
Back to top Go down
horsienut

horsienut

PostSubject: Re: What do you want to see happen in Region X?   What do you want to see happen in Region X? EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 7:52 pm

Stacy wrote:
I wonder if the vet hospital is still an option like we had last year with our get together, I'd be up for helping out with whatever possible!

I *think* the vet hospital is out, unfortunately, as Robin is no longer working there Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Roseridge

PostSubject: Re: What do you want to see happen in Region X?   What do you want to see happen in Region X? EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 10:18 pm

My barn will be available this summer! We also have a pool and a covered porch. so I am thinking of having a before or after Breyerfest pool party and model horse show! Would love to involve both newcomers and Region X "regulars".

As mentioned before, I would love to start a club for young showers with an eye toward increasing junior competition and other hobby fun. If I get a core group started, we can use the barn for that as well.

Kate
Back to top Go down
jjbreyer

jjbreyer

PostSubject: Re: What do you want to see happen in Region X?   What do you want to see happen in Region X? EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 9:11 pm

I too would love to see more hobby gathering/workshop/clinic days. I would love to actually see this as a whole weekend thing where people could show up on a Sat AM and we could just veg the whole weekend and head home on Sunday afternoon. Would people ever be up for something like this? The college I grew up next too has things like this happen during the summer there. They always have a rug hooking school that comes in for a couple weeks during the early summer (after college is out) and they all have a blast. Would people be willing to invest in soemthing like this? I've looked into the cost of the halls before and they aren't too bad and the door rooms are cheap rates ($25 for a double per person $40 single). They provide sheets, you provide pillows. Food obviously extra. It's about 3 hours from Boston, Spencer, Albany, kinda' everything. And right off the interstate (w/in a mile).

I seem to get a lot of ideas and desire to work on hobby stuff when I'm around others or at shows. So I think a whole weekend like this would be a blast.
Back to top Go down
wobbler_kitty

wobbler_kitty

PostSubject: Re: What do you want to see happen in Region X?   What do you want to see happen in Region X? EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 2:08 pm

I'd like to see us having more fun than everyone else. Don't think we've got that one quite nailed down yet.

Wink
Back to top Go down
shastaharley

shastaharley

PostSubject: Re: What do you want to see happen in Region X?   What do you want to see happen in Region X? EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 2:35 pm

All these ideas sound great!! To me it would be worth the investment for a "fun" weekend get together. I feel so alone here in northwest MA Sad Unfortunately my place is way too small for get togethers but if I could find some hobbiests in this area I would love to start a monthly get together and am sure we could find a place to hold it. Probably could use the town hall here for free. If I had more experience I would start a youth group and get youngsters interested. I gave my eleven year old granddaughter a paint it yourself Breyer kit and am hoping to encourage her. Maybe in a year or two, when I have more experience, this will be more of a possibility.

Stacy, I have all the airbrush equipment but haven't even tried it. If you have a demo of it I will definitely be there bounce
Back to top Go down
Stacy

Stacy

PostSubject: Re: What do you want to see happen in Region X?   What do you want to see happen in Region X? EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 10:22 pm

I'm really starting to toss around ideas of finding a spot for a get together in metro Boston. I'm crazy even thinking about planning another event, but who knows!
Back to top Go down
horsienut

horsienut

PostSubject: Re: What do you want to see happen in Region X?   What do you want to see happen in Region X? EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 10:48 am

shastaharley wrote:
Stacy, I have all the airbrush equipment but haven't even tried it. If you have a demo of it I will definitely be there bounce

Lynn, it's too bad we don't live closer as I airbrush and could get you started. If we have any get-togethers and you can bring your airbrush stuff I'd be happy to show you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you want to see happen in Region X?   What do you want to see happen in Region X? Empty

Back to top Go down

What do you want to see happen in Region X?
Page 1 of 1