New England Model Horse Collectors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New England Model Horse Collectors

An online forum for New England model horse collectors.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hello From the North!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Northern Lone Ranger

Northern Lone Ranger

Hello From the North! Empty
PostSubject: Hello From the North!   Hello From the North! EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 4:17 pm

Hi everyone! I'm Lindy Pinkham! I know most of you know me but here goes!

I live in Camden, Maine with my husband of almost 39 years, Tim. I've been involved in the model horse hobby since 1971 ( I know! I'm an "old timer"! affraid ) and collecting way before that.I have no idea how many models I have but guess in the thousands. I collect a bit of everything with Breyers and Hagen Renakers being my passion. My favorite Breyer mold is the Silver and I have quite a conga line going of him (38 at last count). Breyer can release him in any color and I would have to have it! I also have a weird attraction to the Hagen Renaker DW Timothy mouse and have 30 so far! Very Happy

I've been a live show judge for many years and ran the first annual live show in Maine for many years back in the 1970's & 1980's. When I'm not judging I love to show and have done pretty well over the years.

I showed halter for many years then the performance bug hit! There were few places to purchase tack back then (and what was available wasn't up to my standards or too darned expensive) so I started making my own. With limited available supplies I created tack from old leather pocketbooks, felt, etc. When Rio Rondo hit the scene I was in heaven! I purchased one of their western saddle making kits and it's all been downhill from there. I create mostly western tack, parade & circus sets but have tried my hand at other tack when I needed it.

My other passion is etching. I've been etching since the early 1990's. I've taught a work shop on etching at Breyerfest for the last several years. I find etching very relaxing and gives me something to do with my hands when I can't create tack.

I love Greyhounds and have owned two. My constant companion, Jade, a 12 year old fawn Greyhound, passed away a year and half ago. I miss her terribly but am just not ready to add another to our home. I would love to see Breyer create a Greyhound!

I think that's it! Thanks to everyone that actually got through this without falling asleep! Sleep

Lindy Pinkham
Model Horse Hobbiest Since 1971
Sunny Shamrock Farm / Rainbow's End Saddlery

The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue...-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
hoppydog

hoppydog

PostSubject: Re: Hello From the North!   Hello From the North! EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 7:25 pm

Hi Lindy, Glad to see you found your way here! See ya around the show hall Smile
Back to top Go down
http://home.comcast.net/~backtobasicsfarm/site/?/home/
Northern Lone Ranger

Northern Lone Ranger

PostSubject: Re: Hello From the North!   Hello From the North! EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 7:34 pm

hoppydog wrote:
Hi Lindy, Glad to see you found your way here! See ya around the show hall Smile

Hi Linda!

Thanks! Looking forward to show season! Very Happy

Lindy Pinkham

The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue...-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
jjbreyer

jjbreyer

PostSubject: Re: Hello From the North!   Hello From the North! EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 8:28 pm

Hi Lindy!!! Had Joe read this, he's now asleep. ha ha ha!!!
Back to top Go down
Northern Lone Ranger

Northern Lone Ranger

PostSubject: Re: Hello From the North!   Hello From the North! EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 8:35 pm

jjbreyer wrote:
Hi Lindy!!! Had Joe read this, he's now asleep. ha ha ha!!!

Glad it worked for Joe!

Lindy Pinkham

Back to top Go down
shastaharley

shastaharley

PostSubject: Re: Hello From the North!   Hello From the North! EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 10:23 pm

Hi Lindy, I'm Lynn, great to meet you. I have been an admirer of your work since the first etchie I saw. Hopefully someday I will own one. If you are ever teaching an etching class in the area I would love to attend. Before I got into this hobby cross stitch was my nightly relaxation. Now it is etching Razz and all those cross stitch kits are sitting half done. I'm trying to figure out a way to incorporate cross stitching into model horse customizing!

Maine is a beautiful state, especially along the coast. Have you lived there all your life? I used to live in Conway, NH which is right over the line from Maine. Used to attend the Friburg Fair. My brother even wrote a song about it Very Happy

Now if you are still awake cheers
Back to top Go down
Stacy

Stacy

PostSubject: Re: Hello From the North!   Hello From the North! EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 11:13 am

Welcome Lindy!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Northern Lone Ranger

Northern Lone Ranger

PostSubject: Re: Hello From the North!   Hello From the North! EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 12:34 pm

shastaharley wrote:
Hi Lindy, I'm Lynn, great to meet you. I have been an admirer of your work since the first etchie I saw. Hopefully someday I will own one. If you are ever teaching an etching class in the area I would love to attend. Before I got into this hobby cross stitch was my nightly relaxation. Now it is etching Razz and all those cross stitch kits are sitting half done. I'm trying to figure out a way to incorporate cross stitching into model horse customizing!

Maine is a beautiful state, especially along the coast. Have you lived there all your life? I used to live in Conway, NH which is right over the line from Maine. Used to attend the Friburg Fair. My brother even wrote a song about it Very Happy

Now if you are still awake cheers

Hi Lynn! Nice to meet you too. Very Happy Thank you so much! Embarassed I really do enjoy etching and getting others addicted. Twisted Evil I don't have any workshops lined up for this year yet but will let you know if/when I do. I used to cross stitch too and have been known to whip up a saddle blanket once in a while.

Thank you! Nope I haven't lived all my life here...yet! Laughing Old Mainer joke there. I was born and raised right here in Camden. Grew up in the house next door. Never wanted to live anywhere else. Except maybe Chincoteague, Va, ha! Fryeburg Fair is great! Haven't been for a couple of years. Always loved to see all the horses. Very Happy

Lindy Pinkham

Back to top Go down
Northern Lone Ranger

Northern Lone Ranger

PostSubject: Re: Hello From the North!   Hello From the North! EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 12:35 pm

Stacy wrote:
Welcome Lindy!!! Smile

Thanks Stacy!

Lindy Pinkham

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello From the North!   Hello From the North! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello From the North!
Page 1 of 1