New England Model Horse Collectors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New England Model Horse Collectors

An online forum for New England model horse collectors.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

did anyone order a You Call it OOAK?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
intothesunstudio

intothesunstudio

did anyone order a You Call it OOAK? Empty
PostSubject: did anyone order a You Call it OOAK?   did anyone order a You Call it OOAK? EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 8:48 am

I know a few people ordered Stone "You Call it OOAK" models.

If you ordered what did ask for? if you have received it, please post pictures.

I ordered a portrait of my deceased arabian/cross gelding, Tempa. On the Ish mold with custom mane and tail that they had done on other models in the past. fleabitten grey with his scar across his neck, slightly yellowed mane and tail and striped hooves.

I just paid off the remaining balance so I am hoping it arrives soon!
Back to top Go down
http://www.intothesunstudio.com
Stacy

Stacy

PostSubject: Re: did anyone order a You Call it OOAK?   did anyone order a You Call it OOAK? EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 11:09 am

I had debated it, but not being a Stone collector I passed (And not having a ton of hobby funds at the moment). I can't wait to see your Tempa though! Its great that you can get a model of your boy!
Back to top Go down
Northern Lone Ranger

Northern Lone Ranger

PostSubject: Re: did anyone order a You Call it OOAK?   did anyone order a You Call it OOAK? EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 12:44 pm

intothesunstudio wrote:
I know a few people ordered Stone "You Call it OOAK" models.

If you ordered what did ask for? if you have received it, please post pictures.

I ordered a portrait of my deceased arabian/cross gelding, Tempa. On the Ish mold with custom mane and tail that they had done on other models in the past. fleabitten grey with his scar across his neck, slightly yellowed mane and tail and striped hooves.

I just paid off the remaining balance so I am hoping it arrives soon!

I didn't order one but have added some new models from the Stone ebay store. A glossy Tabloid Fever & Believe and a OOAK Chips Drafter. Also got a FC Standing Drafter and a matte Yellow Submarine on the secondary market.

Baad Lindy!

Lindy Pinkham
Model Horse Hobbiest Since 1971
Sunny Shamrock Farm / Rainbow's End Saddlery

The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue...-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
intothesunstudio

intothesunstudio

PostSubject: Re: did anyone order a You Call it OOAK?   did anyone order a You Call it OOAK? EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 2:48 pm

My model of Tempa arrived. I just LOVE him! cheers

did anyone order a You Call it OOAK? Tempaportraitmodel001
did anyone order a You Call it OOAK? Tempaportraitmodel002
did anyone order a You Call it OOAK? Tempaportraitmodel003
did anyone order a You Call it OOAK? Tempaportraitmodel004
did anyone order a You Call it OOAK? Tempaportraitmodel005
Back to top Go down
Northern Lone Ranger

Northern Lone Ranger

PostSubject: Re: did anyone order a You Call it OOAK?   did anyone order a You Call it OOAK? EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 8:47 pm

Wow Corrie! He's gorgeous!

Lindy Pinkham

The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue...-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Stacy

Stacy

PostSubject: Re: did anyone order a You Call it OOAK?   did anyone order a You Call it OOAK? EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 10:15 pm

He's amazing Corrie! I can't wait to see him in person! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
intothesunstudio

intothesunstudio

PostSubject: Re: did anyone order a You Call it OOAK?   did anyone order a You Call it OOAK? EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 5:59 pm

I will probably bring him to Kate's show in a few weeks even though he won't be showing.

It sounds amazingly dorky, but I want to find a breyer blanket that looks like his old one and make his old tack.
Back to top Go down
Northern Lone Ranger

Northern Lone Ranger

PostSubject: Re: did anyone order a You Call it OOAK?   did anyone order a You Call it OOAK? EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 11:01 am

intothesunstudio wrote:
I will probably bring him to Kate's show in a few weeks even though he won't be showing.

It sounds amazingly dorky, but I want to find a breyer blanket that looks like his old one and make his old tack.

I don't think it sounds dorky at all Corrie! When I got my RRQH1 painted to look like my old palomino gelding, Sandy I made him a western set to match the real one I had. Sandy has been gone many years but it brings back wonderful memeories to be able to look at my mini Sandy. I just commissioned an original scupture of my Greyhound, Jade, who passed two years ago. Now I'm looking for the perfect material to make her a collar to match the one that Jade had when we adopted her. The gal that did the scuplture for me calls them "memory pets" and I think it's wonderful that we can remember our furkids!

Lindy Pinkham

Back to top Go down
jjbreyer

jjbreyer

PostSubject: Re: did anyone order a You Call it OOAK?   did anyone order a You Call it OOAK? EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 12:37 pm

Corrie he is wonderful!!! What a great job and I love the tail and flipped mane. Very nicely done.

I too don't feel that it's odd that you want to copy his blanket or even his tack. Isn't that what this hobby is about anyways really? I think it would be a great honor for you do to that. Now, if you took it out side and rolled the blanket in poo I would think you were a little off your rocker, but otherwise, nope, sounds totally normal to me.
Back to top Go down
intothesunstudio

intothesunstudio

PostSubject: Re: did anyone order a You Call it OOAK?   did anyone order a You Call it OOAK? EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 1:03 pm

jjbreyer wrote:
Corrie he is wonderful!!! What a great job and I love the tail and flipped mane. Very nicely done.

I too don't feel that it's odd that you want to copy his blanket or even his tack. Isn't that what this hobby is about anyways really? I think it would be a great honor for you do to that. Now, if you took it out side and rolled the blanket in poo I would think you were a little off your rocker, but otherwise, nope, sounds totally normal to me.

Oh no, not that dedicated in realism! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: did anyone order a You Call it OOAK?   did anyone order a You Call it OOAK? Empty

Back to top Go down

did anyone order a You Call it OOAK?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New England Model Horse Collectors :: Original Finish Model Horses :: Peter Stone Model Horses-
Jump to: