New England Model Horse Collectors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New England Model Horse Collectors

An online forum for New England model horse collectors.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Breyerfest horses...

Go down 
+2
jjbreyer
intothesunstudio
6 posters
AuthorMessage
intothesunstudio

intothesunstudio

Breyerfest horses... Empty
PostSubject: Breyerfest horses...   Breyerfest horses... EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 8:45 am

Someone posted online a short video of pictures of the horses for the 2010 Breyerfest event.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQpC_5Bigmk&feature=player_embedded

I have to say that I am rather disappointed and perhaps will just pay to get into the horse park and save my money for real horse events and Stone events. Breyer was doing so good and then this...

Major bummer
Back to top Go down
http://www.intothesunstudio.com
jjbreyer

jjbreyer

PostSubject: Re: Breyerfest horses...   Breyerfest horses... EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 10:04 am

I'm with you. But I wonder if they will get William Shatner there - All Glory (or what ever her name is) is one of his horses.

But yeah, I'm disapointed with them so far. I wasn't thrilled with many from last year either. I'd like to get Gala sometime and got the jumping pony, but otherwise, I didn't really like any of them.
Back to top Go down
Stacy

Stacy

PostSubject: Re: Breyerfest horses...   Breyerfest horses... EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 11:08 am

I think the celebration horse will end up prettier than we think, well at least I hope! HA! But we still have a bunch of SR's to come out and I stopped going to Breyerfest for the models, so it doesn't matter too much to me. Not that I wouldn't love to see some SR's that I'm in love with, but it won't make or break my decision to go Smile
Back to top Go down
shastaharley

shastaharley

PostSubject: Re: Breyerfest horses...   Breyerfest horses... EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 11:30 am

I am not bowled over by any of the BF horses so far either. Hopefully they will have a few more that are just irresistable but who knows. I'll still go to BF if for no other reason than the people and being in Kentucky Very Happy Last year I got Gala, Make A Wish, the jumping pony and the LP swhish tail pintaloosa. I have to say I fell in love with the LP, really like her paint job, and she is the least "fancy" of them all. Did anyone else get her?
Back to top Go down
Northern Lone Ranger

Northern Lone Ranger

PostSubject: Re: Breyerfest horses...   Breyerfest horses... EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 12:38 pm

intothesunstudio wrote:
Someone posted online a short video of pictures of the horses for the 2010 Breyerfest event.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQpC_5Bigmk&feature=player_embedded

I have to say that I am rather disappointed and perhaps will just pay to get into the horse park and save my money for real horse events and Stone events. Breyer was doing so good and then this...

Major bummer

Boy! Not much to get excited about yet is there?

Lindy Pinkham
Model Horse Hobbiest Since 1971
Sunny Shamrock Farm / Rainbow's End Saddlery

The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue...-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
intothesunstudio

intothesunstudio

PostSubject: Re: Breyerfest horses...   Breyerfest horses... EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 2:31 pm

I guess this just made my decision easier. This will be my third year in a row and things become a little repetitive after a while. This will be my final year and then I will head back in a few years.

I thought I'd try some Stone events since that is new to me.

I don't think any of the models are ugly, but none of the molds or paint jobs inspire me to collect any of them.
Back to top Go down
jjbreyer

jjbreyer

PostSubject: Re: Breyerfest horses...   Breyerfest horses... EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 2:54 pm

The thing I miss the most about not going to Bfest last year, not touring around the area with my buddies. You can only do the park so many times (and stand in line so many times) until you've pretty much seen it all. I missed last year, but the year before I was pretty bored most days because I had seen it all. The hotel is fun though.
Back to top Go down
horsienut

horsienut

PostSubject: Re: Breyerfest horses...   Breyerfest horses... EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 1:37 pm

I watched the video and was like, Blah. Glad I'm not going this year (though I will miss those room sales!)

If I go back I think I'll do NAN and the room sales and may skip BF entirely...
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/horsienut
intothesunstudio

intothesunstudio

PostSubject: Re: Breyerfest horses...   Breyerfest horses... EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 5:55 pm

I'm thinking I might not even go at all and will just wait a few years. Maybe in two years when NAN is back in KY I will go.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Breyerfest horses...   Breyerfest horses... Empty

Back to top Go down

Breyerfest horses...
Page 1 of 1