New England Model Horse Collectors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New England Model Horse Collectors

An online forum for New England model horse collectors.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hello from Vermont!

Go down 
+4
shastaharley
Stacy
Admin
pinotpony
8 posters
AuthorMessage
pinotpony

pinotpony

Hello from Vermont! Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Vermont!   Hello from Vermont! EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 7:59 pm

Hi, My name is Shelley Deuso and I just started collecting again in December of 2008. When I was younger I had a small collection thanks to mom. I had stopped as I grew older with the idea that collecting model horses was just for kids BUT my fiance bought me a Ruffian for Christmas in 2008 and ever since I have been slowly adding to my collection again. I only have a little over 200 models now. The majority of them are OF breyr with a few Peter Stone and only fewer resins. Thank you Internet for showing me that I am certianly not the only person in my mid thirties to love modek horses. lol!

I just started showing last year and I give many thanks to Stacy Becker and Golden Oaks stables for the shows they have started doing. I went to my first at Golden Oaks and have figures out I am now a "performance" nut. I like halter but I LOVE performance.

I have only shown a few times as finding the time between work, my daughter and fiance, and my real horse "Loki" need some time from me but I have found a few places I can drive to now and hope to learn much more. I make most of my own tack. I still haven't been able to make an english saddle yet though.

I hope to see more people join the hobby and to get more shows here in Vermont or even a little closer to me. traveling is just a little scary in the big cities for me because I live in a very quiet town near Jay Peak ski resort. Embarassed

I have my own website with photos of some of my horses and some of the stuff I have made. I even had the fun of getting beat by my own work at a show in November last year so I will be working hard to become a good tack maker as well as a good shower. Hopefully my collection can grown although my fiance is ready to rip his hair out with all of my boxes and shelves now.

I am happy to have been included here and hope to meet more people as well to share the excitement of showing. since I started collecting and making tack I feel I have finally found what I have been looking for all these years.
Back to top Go down
http://greenmountainstables.webs.com/
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Vermont!   Hello from Vermont! EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 8:21 pm

Hello Shelly! Glad to see you here! Hope to see you around at the shows this year! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://nemodelhorse.rpg-board.net
Stacy

Stacy

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Vermont!   Hello from Vermont! EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 8:24 pm

That was me! Eep! Still figuring out my end of things!
Back to top Go down
shastaharley

shastaharley

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Vermont!   Hello from Vermont! EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 9:01 pm

Hi Shelley, great to meet you. Hope to meet you in person at a show one of these days Very Happy
Back to top Go down
intothesunstudio

intothesunstudio

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Vermont!   Hello from Vermont! EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 9:02 pm

Welcome, Shelley!
Back to top Go down
http://www.intothesunstudio.com
hoppydog

hoppydog

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Vermont!   Hello from Vermont! EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 9:20 pm

Hello, This is going to be a New England party! jocolor
Back to top Go down
http://home.comcast.net/~backtobasicsfarm/site/?/home/
Andrew

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Vermont!   Hello from Vermont! EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 10:07 pm

Hello Shelly!
Back to top Go down
jjbreyer

jjbreyer

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Vermont!   Hello from Vermont! EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 8:31 pm

Hi Shelly!! Hope the winters been kind to you guys up in the Kingdom! Been pretty calm over here in the Valley.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Vermont!   Hello from Vermont! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello from Vermont!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New England Model Horse Collectors :: Introductions :: Introductions-
Jump to: